Tuesday, October 12, 2010

K&M Bar-B-Que and Catering















This was a restaurant on the very edge of the challenge. Mark and I figured we'd knock it out before going to the Overland Park Arboretum. The place looked really nice and was quite busy on Saturday afternoon. The dining rooms were huge and it looks like they have three private rooms for private room kind of stuff.

Mark and I started with the smoked buffalo wings. I know Bobbie will probably argue that this does not constitute barbeque and it doesn't count, but we like hot wings, so deal with it.

The wings were decent. I don't like smoked wings but the sauce was great. Good ranch too. No celery sticks :(

We ordered ribs, burnt ends, a brisket sandwich, potato salad, beans, french fries and mac-n-cheese for Gunnar. I think the waitress thought we were crazy, or stupid. Well, she'd be half right.


My opinion:

The ribs were terrible (I could hardly choke the leathery-ass, flavorless meat down)

The regular sauce was too sweet but the spicy was decent

The burnt ends were great

The brisket was tender and juicy but bland

Frozen fries, pre-made potato salad (both okay)

Beans were really good (best part of the meal)

Gunnar loved his pickle until he barfed it up


Overall, it was okay. I wouldn't drive out of my way to go there, but I wasn't pissed that we had it on the challenge.


K&M Bar-B-Que and Catering
603 N. Webster St.
Spring Hill, KS 66083
913-592-5145



No comments:

Post a Comment